About the Organisation:
The organisation leverages catalytic philanthropy to strengthen the development ecosystem and amplify impact. The organisation pools together a mix of resources from the ecosystem to develop successful and scalable programs and solutions to address India’s chronic social and environmental issues. It strives to co-create these programs along with leading non-profit organizations, technical experts, governments and the community as a whole.
The Foundation’s current thematic focus areas are Sustainable Landscape Management (SLM) and Workplace Mental Health (WMH).
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for community-led environmental work to seed mindset changes and build community custodianship in the program geography towards protecting and restoring their local ecology and biodiversity.
We are looking for a versatile and action-oriented individual who has experience building and delivering environmental education and awareness programs, and building capacity for environmental conservation in rural communities through various tools and instruments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate environmentalist who can navigate their way through our program complexities and go the extra mile in developing an impactful program at the grassroots.
• Design curriculums for environmental education and deliver them to various stakeholders in the community including children, women, youth, etc.
• Design and deliver entry-level activities in the community to initiate mindset changes towards long-term environmental initiatives
• Design and deliver trainings to various stakeholders in the community for capacity building and mobilisation towards Raintree’s environmental initiatives
• Build capacity in the community to become long-term custodians of their local ecology
• Build capacity in key stakeholders including BMCs, JFMCs, VDCs, forest department, etc. for environmental conservation
• Train the community and key stakeholders on environmental concerns leading into the organisation larger environmental initiatives
• Work closely with the Program Manager – Environment to design and implement the larger environmental program, including a biodiversity action plan, solid waste management in the community, etc.
• Masters (or an equivalent degree) in an appropriate field (Conservation/Environment/Natural Resource Management/Forest) and other related disciplines
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience working with communities on communities on environmental education and capacity building
• Prior experience working on environmental initiatives in the Northern Wester Ghats is preferred
• Fluency in Marathi, both written and oral, is required
• Ability to work closely with communities and stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Strong experience in designing and delivering trainings and capacity building
• Strong experience and understanding in leveraging and working with government institutions and committees
• Ability to synthesize best practices and work to incorporate them in program implementation