Key responsibilities are:
• Market Development: create physical links between producing regions and manufacturers/brands/retail to explore areas of opportunity and collaboration.
o Attracting and building awareness of brands and buyers towards the landscape partnerships for sustainable and responsible sourcing.
o Mapping private players (global, national, local) to understand the key drivers for sustainable sourcing and key bottlenecks for smallholder inclusive value chains.
o Mapping supply chains and value chains: target regions, target crops, sense of volume, issues (quality, sustainability, market link potential)
• Stakeholder Management: Understand projects and growth plans of multiple stakeholders and arrive at an optimum approach to convening them on a common collaborative platform of interest to the private sector.
• Value Chain Development: Review work of all players across the supply chain from farm to end buyers and ascertain areas of linkages with the private sector, to create collaborative programs.
o Establishing understanding of channels and flows of commodities
o Identifying and analyzing the gaps for losses in the value chain or lack of market linkages: related to production practices, post-harvest management and aggregation, and/or lack of information or transparency in supply chain
o Working with the Landscape Secretariat to engage and understand the significance and influence of the public sector market interfaces (mandis, e-platforms) in the region
• (Supporting role) Project Management: Managing and reporting on local market based initiatives. Creating new initiatives and projects to support market development.
o Including: identification of capacity gaps at field/ ground level - and working plans with Secretariat, local partners, field teams, government - to deliver this.
What you bring
• 10+ years of relevant working experience in international organizations/matrix settings, in program development and implementation.
• Proven ability for networking and building programs with the private sector, and government.
• Experience in working in Agri Commodity value Chains and specifically for MNC’s or Agri businesses linked to supplying/processing of large traders and brands is important. • Experience in building a common vision in through effective stakeholder driven communication and strategy in multistakeholder platforms and/or field level programs at scale.
• Advanced degree in business, economics, agriculture, environment, natural resource management or related field.
• Proven track record and high proficiency in project management across various stages of project development and implementation (initiating, planning, execution, monitoring and completion).
• Strong knowledge of financial administration and budgets, and P&L management.
• Knowledge of sustainability issues in the landscape (knowledge in commodities sector desirable), and sustainability development.
• A very good working knowledge and command of MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent presentation and communication skills, in writing and verbally.
• Excellent convening, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel frequently (30% of time) as required.
• Knowledge of pipeline development for impact investment and/or carbon finance is desirable