The Assessment steam is involved in creating discerning questions and creating engaging and insightful assessment tools that test the level of understanding of the content and competence in the subjectskills of children. For this role, we are looking for a passionate individual who would love to go deeper into how children learn subjects and to lead the team in building high-quality learning modules and assessment tools that can uncover gaps in students’ learning.
Role and Common Tasks
- The role mainly involves handling a team that works on the creation and review of engaging content for learning and assessment products, which includes the following:
- Leading projects within the assessment products & services team
- Providing guidance, resources, and assistance to a team of assessment creators
- Understanding research on pedagogy and teaching and helping the team translate that to creation of sound assessment tools
- Setting up optimal processes for the creation and maintenance of existing and new
- assessments, including translations
- Ability to review and revise existing content based on quality, technical correctness and
- student performance data, if needed, or guide the team for the same
- Regularly check the quality of the question bank and set up maintenance processes to keep it updated
- Reading and sharing summaries of research papers, articles related to education in national and international publications
- Analysing large-scale student response data to figure out how children think and learn
- Interacting with teachers and students for insights about students’ learning
- Leading the development of training content and material for training external stakeholders on assessment development and best international practices to be followed as they develop their QMS
- Presenting to external stakeholders about instrument and assessment analysis related to various project assessments
- Supporting the recruitment efforts of the organization related to the assessment
- development team
- Supporting the team in all processes related to assessment and instrument development
Key Responsibilities Areas
- Expert SME Instrument Development in Primary Subject Area ensuring item and instrument quality: Become an expert SME in Instrument Development in the Primary Subject Area (Maths), guide and lead the Maths team, by example, in quality instrument development, develop and show the way in Maths instrument development yearly, ensure instrument and item quality; understand data analysis related to instrument development and item analysis and improve the quality of instruments and items further, lead the item banking through better anchor selection and anchor quality improvements;
- Function as the Senior lead of the instrument development team: Lead the instrument development team and the team of SMEs in the field on instrument development, mentor and guide them, monitor their overall growth – technical expertise and professional development, hiring as per organizational and team requirements, set team KRAs, monitor and conduct performance management and appraisals, incentives targets and Rewards and recognition as per organizational requirements. Ensure the overall health and wellbeing of the team.
- Ensure timely and quality instrument delivery as per organizational project requirements: Timely delivery of all instruments and items (ensuring quality) as per all organizational projects and plan requirements for the year using internal SME team support, through external vendors and a team of freelance consultants or contractors.
- Ensure preparation of Capacity Building Workshop content on instrument development, develop the team to deliver the training workshops and conduct workshops as per organizational project requirements: Ensure that all workshop content on instrument development is prepared as per timelines with the support of internal and external teams, processes and team understanding of setting up Question Banks for States based on internal QMS\CMS expertise and experience, processes and team expertise for conducting workbook and curriculum evaluations; Developing and training the team to deliver the workshop content and deliver the capacity building workshops as per organizational projects requirements.
- Leading the instrument development team for providing support to Project Management team in instrument related activities\work and quality improvements for all projects.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders for seamless communication and collaboration