To lead project design, piloting, and implementation of interventions towards
• Taking the lead on the Academic Content and Learning workstream within the programme.
• Designing, piloting and facilitating the development of assessment tools (formative
and summative), rubrics and remedial interventions in collaboration with
• Leading the pilot of interventions, documenting learnings and evolving the design to
have greater impact at scale.
• Work with senior government stakeholders and organisation's leadership, to support the design, development, and implementation of key projects / interventions, as part of
the larger programme.
• Define success metrics and growth aspiration for their projects/ interventions, and
communicate these effectively with all stakeholders.
• Work with in-house M&E team and external experts to develop appropriate project
evaluation tools, including rigorous academic assessment.
• Applying content knowledge and classroom experience in developing the
interventions that will lead to shifts in teacher mindset, knowledge and practice
To manage best-in-class project implementation to ensure impact
• Own and drive the implementation of their projects at-scale, in close coordination
with organisation's education and training team, and in consultation with Program
Manager(s) and Program Lead(s)
• Leverage Peepul’s work across programmes to transfer codified learnings to
• Create effective work-planning and management systems to ensure work
remains on track and effectively prioritized.
• Develop systems to ensure the effective use of data across the programme,
developing appropriate tracking metrics to ensure high-quality
implementation and identify areas for course correction and learning.
• Facilitate sessions (e.g. training, focus group discussions, learning circles) with
teachers, school leaders, education officials as required on assessment and
competency based teaching.
• Potentially manage 1-2 associates and provide guidance/review on their deliverables
To be a strong team collaborator, manage cross-functional relationships and engage
effectively with key government stakeholders
• Foster a positive and collaborative culture of trust and high expectations in the team
• Collaborative effectively with education specialists, subject matter experts and field
• Develop and maintain strong operational relationships with government partners,
putting in place mechanisms to support collaboration and cross-organisational
• Design and build effective, fully aligned partnerships with other education non-profits
and agencies, to leverage external expertise and resources where appropriate
• Build capacity within government teams to ensure ongoing, sustainable
organisational self-improvement after the formal end of the project
• 3-6 years of classroom teaching experience or working in curriculum
development/assessment space preferably at the primary level. An education degree in
Education is preferred.
• Experience in educational assessment, planning and implementing data driven
instructional interventions and remediation would be preferred
• Strong track record of success in managing projects with multi-functional teams in
complex, fluid situations. Demonstration through previous experience of this in either
the corporate sector or development sector.
• Experience of working in government systems and awareness of education structures in India would be preferred.
• Extensive experience of collaborating and partnering with senior internal and external
stakeholders, including senior political figures, and communicating to a variety of
Skills and Knowledge:
• An appreciation for education overall, and specific areas of expertise in education (e.g.
primary school curriculum, assessment and remedial interventions, etc.) would be
• Extremely strong analytical skills and good judgement, able to lead and manage project
design and implementation.
• Ability to create technical documentation and liaise with both tech and non-tech
• Competent in data visualization and presentation
• Strong research instinct, ability to gather information, examine perspectives and create
• The intellectual creativity and innovation to develop pragmatic solutions to operational
challenges as they arise, while maintaining focus on strategic goals.
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to build strong relationships
with a wide range of individuals in public, private and non-profit sectors.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills, to be able to foster a strong organisation delivery team and to work with public sector colleagues and associates with a consultative and collegiate decision making style.
• Bias to action, with an ability to step back and see the larger picture
• An ability to work successfully under pressure with the capacity to manage competing
priorities and deliver to deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills, to ensure the goals and
operations of the project are well understood across all stakeholder groups
• A passion for education and a genuine commitment to organisation's mission and values.
• The tenacity, flexibility, and resilience to adapt rapidly to changing priorities in a
fastmoving, complex environment.
• High levels of personal impact with the ability to command the respect of wide range of senior stakeholders.
• Significant personal drive, energy, ambition, and enthusiasm.
• Enthusiasm for taking on a start-up role, in what will be a fast-paced, growing, changing
• Performance orientation - sets and achieves high standards for self and others