We are growing our Communications team and looking for an enthusiastic Communications Officer based in New Delhi, India, to support our global communications. In this role, you can positively impact and contribute towards genuine, meaningful change during a critical time for our planet. We need your ideas, insights, and support to create impactful and engaging content across our channels.
The Communications Officer position is a new role reporting directly to the Communications and Public Affairs Director in the Netherlands. You will collaborate closely with the Global Communications Manager and the other departments to develop assets that tell the organization's story clearly and compellingly.
- Executes end-to-end production of communications assets. This includes but is not limited to preliminary research, pitching ideas, producing written and visual content/stories, having an eye for image and video selection, creating social media packages, writing, and editing copy and publishing to the website, social media, e-newsletters, and other potential channels. Ensures content accuracy, authenticity, and consistency with the organization's brand, tone of voice, and style.
- Contributes to the Communications strategy by creating compelling, audience-centric content to achieve agreed reach and engagement outcomes.
- Manages external suppliers to assist in developing communications products (copywriters, photographers, videographers, creative agencies);
- Seeks ways to grow social media engagement (mainly LinkedIn);
- Maintains industry knowledge and expertise and researches and evaluates new and innovative ways of creating content to engage the organization's audiences.
- Works closely with the Global Communications manager for the organization's media relations work (build media relations contacts, produce media stories and press releases, develop key messages and media briefs, draft media responses and crisis communications protocols).
- Assists with the planning, promoting, and ensuring the smooth running of external events (conferences, webinars, and other event formats)
- Collaborates with colleagues to produce quality, audience-centered creative outputs to enhance our event experience.
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary to organizational needs.
- Bachelor`s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Journalism
- Near-native English level and excellent writing skills (a test will be conducted during the recruitment)
- 3 years' experience in Communications. Experience in non-profit is a plus
- Demonstrated experience working in video and/or image editing platforms such as Adobe Creative Cloud including Premiere Pro and Photoshop, or similar (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Canva etc.)
- IT literacy: Office 365 Suite, GSuite, Mailchimp, and WordPress
- Quick learner who can take in detailed information and distill it into meaningful content
- Ability to work autonomously while being in strong collaboration with key contacts
- Strong planning skills, able to prioritize
- Driven to make a difference for people and the planet
- Adheres to the organization's values: we are honest, inclusive, enterprising, and have grit.
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension
- An international, warm, and collaborative team
- The opportunity to learn about various topics directly from experts
- The opportunity to contribute to a critical mission: realizing the true potential of organic cotton.
If you are not able to apply through the link, kindly share your Updated CV + Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org