We are a looking for an M&E associate, who would be responsible for would be responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing the monitoring and evaluation, and learning framework for Peepul’s programmes and projects. This will include developing the M&E strategy, developing appropriate metrics for impact (both short-term and long-term), translating the M&E framework into clear and actionable plan for the project team, gathering quantitative and qualitative evidence to regularly monitoring progress, and reporting the insights for programme improvement and evaluation.
• Assist in the development of the programme log frame, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement
• Develop the monitoring and evaluation framework, tools and data collection systems for different Peepul programmes.
• Assist the project and field team with regular data collection and evidence gathering
• Ensure timely implementation of monitoring projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance – including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support.
• Produce periodic reports of the evaluation for internal use and for funder reports.
• Develop and update data dashboards for each project in collaboration with partners and relevant agencies
• Contribute to research projects and organizational learning initiatives
• Empowering and supporting the team to drive high-quality implementation of M&E priorities.
•Experience in designing, implementing, and executing M&E systems from project conceptualisation to project implementation, including indicator selection, target setting, tool development, data collection, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans
• Knowledge of the major monitoring and evaluation methodologies (e.g., pre-post, qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact assessment etc.) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Knowledge of social science research, micro-planning, large scale survey, data analysis and report writing
• Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, data quality assessments and oversight.
• Experience in conducting qualitative research including but not limited to facilitating focus group discussions, analyzing insights from in-depth interviews, and using observation based tools to gather deeper insights
• Excellent quantitative, problem solving, analytical and statistical analysis skills (including advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with analytical tools such as Alteryx, SPSS, R or Python).
• Capacity to synthesize monitoring data into effective presentation of results to help guide recommendations on performance improvement.
• Strong alignment with Peepul's mission of providing quality education and building stronger education ecosystems in India
• Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus with key stakeholders.
• Ability to creatively solve challenging problems in the application of research and evaluation methods without extensive structural or operational support.
• Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role
• Hard working, detail orientated, tenacious and systematic
• Enthusiastic to do whatever it takes willing to take personal accountability for delivery • Enjoys working under pressure: flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.