The AVP Content is a key leadership role. This is an opportunity to build the fastest growing English Language learning company for kids to shape the future of next generation of confident speakers, readers and creative writers. The incumbent will lead the development and implementation of English language learning programmes across Public Speaking, Creative Writing, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Phonics. This is a high accountability and high impact role, working directly with the founders.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Mission Statement:
The AVP, Content will be the sole custodian for all learning content that will be taught at the organisation. Thus, this will be a very high impact and central role in the company.
• Lead the Design and develop content for all programmes: Public Speaking, Reading Comprehension, Creative Writing, Grammar and Phonics across different age groups
• Create guidelines and training for a large pool of freelance content developers
• Project Management: Be accountable for ensuring timely delivery of content by content developers by providing timely feedback
Content Development / Experience Design:
• Holistically craft the course curriculum to incorporate the overall learning experience of the child through different means such as lessons, activities, projects, contests and portfolios
• Benchmark the curriculum with the industry and customer needs Pedagogical Improvements:
• Research and implement pedagogical changes to ensure activity-based engaging learning experiences for the children
• Design a process for ensuring 100% error-free content in a scalable manner
• Create mechanisms to measure the efficacy of the content
• Create summative and formative assessments to measure learning outcomes of the students
• Implement project-based learning to help kids learn through projects and demonstrate expertise
What are the behavioral attributes that we are looking for?
- A keen desire to transform language learning for kids for a fast-growing Series A funded startup
- An obsession with designing the best learning experiences
- An apparent Founder's mindset i.e. A mindset where the person can own up learning outcomes and teacher quality and shape it independently like a Founder