Responsibilities - Grant Making and Management
- Ensure compliance of specific grant proposals to ensure that it meets the APPI guidelines and requirements, and is a well drafted request, complete in all aspects.
- Co-create strategies, outcomes and impact frameworks with partners and external consultants
- Review all completed proposals to ensure that required information has been provided. Ensure that the story of the grantee organization comes through clearly.
- Lead the efforts on the Due Diligence Process and partner engagement
- Help the partner develop results frameworks and ensure that the thinking around the results framework is in keeping with the APPI operating plan
- Conduct meaningful conversations with all grantees that validate their results framework/s for review and action by the Board.
- Post approval, provide leadership to working with the finance team and the grantees to ensure that the financial resources of the APPI reach them in time.
- Ensure compliance to the grant making system at the APPI through the entire lifecycle of a grant.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and work closely with them to bring together the program as envisioned by the APPI
Learning and Reflection
- Ensure a balance with sometimes competing needs and priorities between the grantee and APPI
- Develop guidelines for effective reflection, learning and change
- Work on the results from a learning and reflection exercise to create best practices and introduce process improvements
- Report out on learning and reflection at an area level and make sure that the process is beneficial to grantees and the APPI.
We encourage openness in thought and action. The multidimensional and multi-faceted nature of the work we support means that our people embrace change and thrive in challenging environments. People who believe everyday learning can lead to greater empathy, personal growth and fulfillment. People who come to us with deep knowledge and experience, but are equally willing to gain greater depth in areas beyond their expertise.
A few more pointers
- Identify activities, timeline, and order for completion of the project.
- Assist in establishing criteria and measurables for success or completion of the project.
- Supervise training of project workers on activities to be performed and other aspects of the project.
- Record data on project work, such as expenditures, time to complete tasks, attendance at events and people served.
- Engage other agencies, businesses, donors, and stakeholders to financially support and publicize project or initiative.
More details to follow. Write to email@example.com with queries.
Candidate Description -
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred - At least 2 to 3 years of experience working directly on issues of PwD
- 5 to 15 years of work experience, either in a field operations role or work experience with a grantmaker
- Should have made significant and long lasting contributions in his/her area of specialization.
- Should have lead teams and have had accountability for large goals in his/her previous assignments
- Grant-making experience strongly preferred; desire to work in and with nonprofit sector is essential
Collaborative Project Management,People Management,,Active Team Player,Data Analysis,Managing Partner Relationships,Grants Administration,