The organization seeks to hire a seasoned candidate with exceptional writing and
editing skills to champion the organization's research. The candidate will have
the opportunity to work with top policy researchers to bring sustainability
from the margins to the mainstream and get exposure to the inner workings of
one of India’s leading think tanks.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
● In-charge of maintaining and continuously raising editorial standards of a range of
written content at the organization.
● Design and execute the organization's strategy for opinion writing; identifying
opportunities, editing drafts sent by researchers; co-pitching pieces to op-ed
desks of various news outlets.
● Design, ideate and execute the organization's strategy for their blog; identifying
themes and knowledge gaps, connecting to larger ongoing narratives, maintaining
a pipeline of posts, brainstorming on reach with the digital team.
● Edit/write lively and compelling opinion pieces, blog posts, press releases explainers and newsletters.
● Anticipate and react to news by curating smart, analytical, and forward-thinking pieces.
● Collaborate with other members of the organization's outreach team and external vendors on how best to tell stories and present their research using design, photo,
graphics, audio and video.
● Identify innovative written formats to publicize organizational research such as debates and explainers to make their analysis consumable for a range of audiences.
● Work closely with the Strategic Communications Lead and Communications Specialist (Media) to inform and enhance the organization's media strategy.
● Work closely with the Communications Specialist (Publications) to improve the
editorial standards of the organization's publications.
● Work closely with the organization's digital communications team to support in
scriptwriting for short and snackable videos.
● Work closely with the Strategic Communications Lead and the digital team to raise
the bar of the organization's newsletters.
● Support the Strategic Communications Lead on special projects.
● Mentor the organization's researchers on a daily basis to improve their writing and
● Identify and organize trainings on written communications for outreach and research
● Ensure strict adherence to the organization's branding guidelines.
In addition to the above, the candidate should be ready to take on any other
activities that help disseminate the organization's research on energy, environment
and water; formulate expert opinion; build networks of experts and
institutions; facilitate knowledge sharing on sustainable development; and
raise public awareness to bring sustainability from the margins to the
Work experience and other skills
● Minimum 4 years of relevant experience. Candidates with journalistic experience highly preferred.
● Proven track record of delivering high quality written content for different mediums.
● Exceptional business/science writing skills and demonstrated ability to calibrate
communications to resonate with internal and external target audiences.
● Excellent grasp of English language.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Excellent eye for detail.
● Creative thinker with demonstrated success in implementing out-of-the-box content ideas.
● Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities, projects and internal/external
resources in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines and quality
● Strong drive and initiative, a self-starter.
● Basic understanding of topics such as climate change and energy transition.