About the Prize
The Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award was established by Cisco and Global Citizen to recognize and lift up a young person positively impacting the world, as a way to demonstrate the impact that young people are having on achieving the Global Goals, and to accelerate global problem solving.
Selected via an application process, the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award honors an individual aged 18-30 who has contributed meaningfully towards the goal of ending global poverty. The award includes a $250,000 prize paid to the organization to which the individual contributes.
Judging is based on 5 equally-weighted criteria:
- IMPACT – Demonstrated track-record of measurable impact at scale over the last 3-5 years advancing one or more of the Global Goals.
- VISION – Compelling vision and concrete plans for how to extend this work in the next 3-5 years, including how the prize will advance efforts.
- CATALYST – Inspires other young people to have an impact on achieving one or more of the Global Goals.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP – Demonstrates the values and embodies the spirit of a Global Citizen and a Global Problem Solver.
- TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION – Innovates with technology or Internet-based communications to improve efficiency, reach, and magnify impact.
To find out more click HERE