About Mulago Foundation
Mulago is a private foundation built to carry on the life work of Rainer Arnhold. Rainer’s passion was the prospect of a better life for children in poverty, and so the Foundation’s work is focused on solutions that meet the basic needs of the poorest families.
Who Mulago is looking for
Innovative leaders with a conservation or climate solution that works and has potential to go big. Impact-obsessed people pioneering effective ways to protect nature and ecosystems (forests, rivers, oceans, mountains, grasslands), slow down climate change (drop emissions, use energy efficiently, capture carbon) or adapt to the new climate reality. Potential solutions focus on everything from tropical forests in the Amazon Basin to methane emissions in the Arctic, from grasslands in Africa to fisheries in the Indian Ocean, and from sustainable finance in Australia to dam removal in Africa.
Henry Arnhold Fellows have:
- A widely-applicable solution (could be replicated and paid for at big scale) to a big conservation or climate problem
- An open mind and big ambition!
- An organization up and running, even if very small or very early
- A leadership role (usually an ED or CEO) at a for-profit or non-profit organization, perhaps even a program within a big NGO
Each year we find ~8 leaders and help them
(1) design high-impact solutions and strategies for better, faster, bigger outcomes;
(2) build the organizations to deliver them;
(3) become part of a growing community of pioneers in conservation. Take a look at some of Mulago’s fellows.
The one-year fellowship is a mix of money ($100,000 unrestricted) and a lot of support, mentorship, and connections. The main event is two, one-week-long design courses on the coast of California in June of 2020 and 2021. It’s modeled on Mulago’s highly successful Rainer Arnhold Fellowship to deliver scalable global poverty solutions.
So send them on! Please refer any high-potential fellows to email@example.com and share this message with anyone you think should know about Mulago’s program. Thank you for your help!