The Aarohan Social Innovation Awards are an initiative by the Infosys Foundation to encourage out of the box ideas which can be implemented to create massive social impact. The Infosys Foundation, set up in Karnataka, India, is a non-profit organization founded in the year 1996. It aims towards helping lesser privileged individuals of the society by focusing on;
- Rural Development
- Arts and Culture
- Destitute care
About The Award
The objective of this award is to support innovators and help them scale their projects for sustainable impact on the society.
Prize Money: 50 Lakh each to 3 winners
Aarohan Social Innovation Awards will target only those social innovations that fall in the category of
- Healthcare – Accessibility and quality diagnosis for all sections of society.
- Education and Sports – Poverty is a barrier to a child living her childhood. Education and sports can liberate a child.
- Rural Development – The lack of basic amenities and digital platforms in rural India, create a divide between the urban and the rural populations. We need to find ways to bridge this gap.
- Women Safety and Empowerment – Personal hygiene, accessibility, career opportunities, safety and independence are all examples of key areas that would benefit the society significantly.
- Sustainability – Our Planet Earth needs innovative ideas to preserve natural resources, maintain ecological balance and develop in a sustainable manner!
- You must be a legal resident of India.
- Any party affiliated to Infosys (such as officers, directors, promotion agencies, family members of affiliated members) are not eligible.
- Any party affiliated with the Judges of the competition are not eligible.
- Previous winners of Aarohan Social Innovation Awards are eligible.
- Previously shortlisted applicants are eligible.
- Any individual, not shortlisted previously can re-apply.
Several categories such as originality of the idea, quality of the submission, practicality of the idea and so on.
APPLY BY : September 30, 2019 at 11:59PM (IST)
For any more information, please click on this Link.