The Antara Foundation (TAF) is looking for a smart and committed individual to support its communications efforts. The person will join as Associate and be based out of TAF’s Delhi office. There is no specific background requirement, however the role requires strong analytical, communications and people skills. The person should have an interest in the social sector space, an open mind to learn and be willing to work hard in an impact-oriented fast-paced environment to achieve the organisation’s goals.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The person will join as Associate, and be part of the core Communications team. While the base location will be Delhi, the person may be required to occasionally travel to program locations in rural districts.
The role offers a unique opportunity to play a part in shaping the organisation’s road ahead. As TAF expands its footprint, taking many of its innovations to different geographies in India, there is a strong need to capture and share crucial data from the ground. This is important to both, highlight impact of existing work, and to garner funds to support further expansion and scale-up. The role requires a creative and entrepreneurial person who can own different work streams to develop and disseminate impactful material using program data, through a range of communication channels. In parallel, the individual will support the organisation’s efforts in identifying and reaching out to potential program partners, showcasing the organisation’s model for scale.
Alongside contributing to the organisation’s cause, this would be an invaluable opportunity to work beside a set of passionate individuals from the corporate and development sector, and be mentored by veterans of both worlds. Grassroots experience is a key organisation mantra, and the person will get to spend ample time at locations of last-mile delivery of the organisation’s programs.
• Research and data analysis (e.g., program data, general sector research)
• Collection and synthesis of field information (e.g., intervention updates, impact stories)
• Drafting and disseminating communications content (e.g., website write-ups, news articles)
• Conceptualising creative ways to showcase work (e.g., films, brochures, newsletters)
• Supporting in managing the organisation’s social media presence
• Supporting the organisation’s fund-raising efforts (e.g., research, proposals)
• Assisting in tasks for any internal or external communications events
• Other related activities that may come up from time to time
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate to expertise. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that the position is for immediate recruitment.
Please note that it is mandatory to apply with a cover letter. In your cover letter, please highlight your relevant communications-related experience (based on the responsibilities this job entails), and why you would like to join the organisation.