Roles and Responsibilities:
Should have minimum 3 years of prior experience in atleast 3 of the 7 job roles mentioned below. Should be a quick learner with multi tasking ability to grasp new areas of work.
(A) Marketing and Communications:
1. Manage and maintain the website including social media strategy, content and deploy search engine marketing and optimization
2. Conduct email and print campaigns for the donor and support network
3. Knowledge of tools such as Mailchimp for campaign management
4. Make effective use of CRM or Customer Relationship Management platform
5. Communicate mission and focus to people both within and outside the NGO
6. Design and develop marketing material, including creatives, for social media marketing like infographics, video clips etc.
7. Maintaining a communications calendar for the website, mailing lists and mailing interface for Newsletter
8. Assisting in communication material and content development for the website and assisting in content development for newsletters
9. Co-ordinate with the team, partner organisations and government for communications and media related requirements
10. Write and maintain a blog ; Writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
11. Supporting team with media and communications including video interview, strategic communications, editorial outreach and critical event communications
(B) Donations and Fund raising:
1) Support fund raising initiatives by putting together funding proposals
2) Support donation drives and play an active role in seeking donations through social media or otherwise
3) Actively engage with existing donors – sending regular updates and keeping the relationship ongoing
4) Ensure donation receipts are sent on timely basis and also ensure resolution of queries raised by donors
(C) Volunteer Management:
1) You'll help plan induction or training programs and deliver awareness initiatives to drive volunteer numbers upwards.
2) Engage with existing Volunteers ; actively communicate about forthcoming events and seeking their support
3) Source and enrol new Volunteers ; should plan a strategy to enlist new Volunteers, shortlisting the applications received from Volunteers and on-boarding them
4) Ensuring new and existing Volunteers have received proper induction, have the right tools or equipments and provide proper support to execute the projects
(D) Event and Project Management
1) Schedule events after proper planning
2) Organizing events including press conferences and volunteering drives
3) Work closely with the Event co-ordinator to ensure smooth conduct of events
4) Use right information to assign the right volunteers by skillsets, interests and availability for the events
5) Maintain record of volunteers’s assignment and donated time for the events
6) Ensuring a Thank You Certificate is sent to the Volunteers, in recognition of the tasks performed by them, after completion of each event
7) Documenting and archiving all project communication output
(E) Relationship with Partner NGOs:
1) Conduct research on NGOs, working in similar space who could collaborate or partner with us
2) Finding synergies to collaborate with like minded NGOs
3) Managing communication and relationship with partner NGOs
(F) Relationship with program beneficiaries:
1. Communicating with the program beneficiaries through the Event coordinator
2. Keeping track on the progress and impact
3. Issues raised by beneficiaries to be brought to immediate attention for quick resolution
1) Researching on grants available from Government or Foundations
2) Keeping track of activities performed by NGOs in similar space
3) Researching articles on causes similar to ones championed by the NGO to ensure our projects are fine-tuned
4) Providing support to other knowledge and communication activities including, academics, research, practice, operations, training and other activities
Candidate Description - What we are looking for :
We are not looking for someone to join us as an employee but rather we are looking for a Change Agent
… someone who wants to be the change they wish to see in the Happy World
. We are looking for an absolute go-getter, who is very passionate about the cause we are supporting and should be excellent at demonstrating that through action. Our compensation may not match corporate or industry standard range but if you believe in “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life” then this is the right opportunity for you .....
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the Marketing and Communications field with strong skills in internal and external Collaboration and Project/Event Management.
• Should have worked either for a large corporate or a NGO.
• University degree in a relevant field (MBA, Social work,other humanities, PR)
1. The candidate should be results orientated and thrive within a target-focused environment.
2. They should be highly self-motivated and have demonstrated influencing and analytical skills.
3. Represent the NGO at events, organising fundraisers and awareness campaigns or liaising with benefactors who will be making substantial donations.
4. Supervise projects and keep track of anything that could go wrong.
5. Extremely social media savvy and have a fair understanding of Digital Marketing (SEO,SEM etc).
6. Strong flair for growing the volunteer network through innovative means.
7. Implement the NGO's strategy and build relationships by influencing stakeholders and organisations alike
8. Possess excellent communication (both oral and written ) and research skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to think quickly on your feet.
9. Exceptional organisational skills with a go-getter attitude, to excel.
10. Very good knowledge of MS Office tools, CRM and Project Management tools, Marketing tools like Mailchimp, social media proficiency and visual communication capabilities (infographics, video clips etc.)
Creating a Happier World by providing a Foundation to protect Mother Earth and her children through environment protection by planting more Trees, education of young minds, creation of livelihood for rural youth and ensuring our urban labor force does not go hungry ...
Happy World Foundation, registered as a Not-For-Profit Charitable Trust in August 2013, is engaged in following "Soul Touching" Projects:
(1) "School Sapling Project" (SSP): We educate school children about the importance of protecting Mother Earth and we also help them plant saplings in their school premises as well as gift them 2 saplings, that they need to plant at their homes.
(2) "Adopt a Tree" (AAT) project: We encourage people living in rural and urban communities, to adopt trees and not just identify a place to plant them. We provide saplings, tree guards, manure, etc. and get the "Adopters" to plant the saplings on an identified "event" day, post which they water and nurture them.
3) Save Food Project: The Food, that is leftover from Restaurants or events like marriages etc, is collected from the source and then distributed to the poor labour class or construction workers in the city of Bangalore.
4) Education on Life-skills including Values and Character for children aged between 8 and 15 including Yoga in rural villages
5) Skill building and Livelihood opportunities for rural youth aged between 15 and 24, and ensure they live in their villages and lead a life of dignity
(1) MS Office tools, (2) CRM and Project Management tools, (3) Marketing tools like Mailchimp, (4) social media proficiency and (5) visual communication capabilities (infographics, video clips etc.)
#27, 2nd Floor, 8th Cross, 7th Main, Opposite Indian Bank, Jayanagar 2nd Block, Bangalore 560 011
Google Map link: https://bit.ly/39UauJf