CONTEXT & BACKGROUND
With the Vision of, “Bring communities together to create and sustain better tomorrow”, the
Tarachand Ramnath Seva trust is now the main media of social change for the Rathi family. With
involvement of the next generation of family, the organization has transitioned from traditional
charitable approach to a more philanthropic, problem solving attitude, with three key focus areas:
1. Good Health & Well Being;
2. Quality Education; and
3. Sustainable Cities.
In all these verticals, the Trust employs basic principles of leverage, i.e. to take up initiatives, where
the impact of their investment is at least (if not more) doubled by the ecosystem.
The main role of the manager will be to lead the initiatives generically, and specifically under the following
Sustainable Cities: Through Sustainable Cities, the Trust actively contributes towards implementing
the 20 year Pune City Development Plan. By involving all concerned parties in creating necessary urban
infrastructure such as playgrounds, primary schools and parking lots, the Trust ensure sustainable
development of Pune.
Health & Well Being: Saiyam (self-restraint), in partnership with Jnana Prabodhini’s Institute of
Psychology, is a collaborative initiative to ensure addictions are stopped even before they take root.
Focused on early awareness programs for students of 8th to 10th standard, it empowers the youth
with tools to build self reliance and self control. The project also focuses on creating mass awareness
on responsible practices to raise a less risky society.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To achieve the objective, the Impact Manager’s role includes, but not limited to, the following:
1. Understanding the subject matter of City Development
2. Creating program implementation modules and vendor coordination modules
3. Developing Systems and Processes for implementation and M&E
1. Regular monitoring, evaluation, and capacity building
2. Working closely with TBL Services in day to day execution
3. Working closely with partners in follow-ups and implementation support
4. Support TBL team in conducting capacity building sessions for partners
5. Documentation and reporting of all activities in program at the Trust
6. Develop intellectual property and knowledge base with guidance from TBL Services for the Trust